- The difference in pancreatic cancer treatment at Egepol Healthcare Group
- In Egepol Healthcare Group, the treatment plan in pancreatic cancer cases is created by our expert and experienced physician staff with a multidisciplinary approach. Surgical treatment of pancreatic cancer is performed in our hospital with laparoscopic (closed), hybrid (using closed and open surgery together) or open surgical techniques. The ability to apply different surgical methods is of great importance in determining the most appropriate treatment method for each patient.
- Volume factor
- Pancreatic cancer surgery; It is a major practice that requires advanced technique, experience and often the use of vascular (vascular) surgery. Many reports show that the number of operations performed annually in pancreatic cancer surgery is a very influential factor on patient survival. The generally accepted number of operations per year is 15 or more. Owing to the competence and high experience of our team, more than 75 pancreatic cancer surgeries are performed annually at Egepol Healthcare Group.
- ERAS Protocol
- In our hospital, ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery) protocol is applied in the surgical treatment of pancreatic cancer. The ERAS Protocol, founded by Danish physician Prof. Dr. Henrik Kehlet at the end of the 1990s, is a term used to describe the concept of multi-modal, perioperative interventions applied to ensure faster healing of the patient after surgery. ERAS recommends changes to a patient's entire journey, which begins before surgery and ends at home. As a result of the data obtained since its inception, there is sufficient evidence that the protocol accelerates postoperative recovery and shortens the duration of hospital admission. In the meta - analyzes published in recent years, it was revealed that the hospital admission was shortened by 2-3 days and complications decreased by 30-50% owing to the ERAS Protocol application in major surgeries.
- Special approach for elderly patients
- The elderly population is increasing all over the world not only in Turkey. The prolongation of life expectancy brings along the necessity of surgical treatments at an advanced age. A special approach is required for elderly patients who need surgical treatment, especially in serious surgeries such as pancreatic cancer. Elderly patients treated in our hospital are well prepared for surgery. Surgical technique and postoperative care are taken into consideration, according to the sensitivity required. In our hospital, especially with the protocols specially prepared for the elderly patient group, aging is prevented from the obstacle of surgical treatment and successful results can be obtained.
- Close follow-up with telemedicine
- Following major surgical procedures such as pancreatic cancer, follow-up after discharge is also very important. Our patients who are discharged after pancreatic surgery in our hospital are contacted by telephone and video conference methods and mutually evaluated. Patients who are found to be at risk in their clinical condition are urgently invited to our hospital for further evaluation without waiting for the appointment date.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. İsmail SERT